Molds are ubiquitous microscopic organisms found on organic material such as soil, foods, and plant matter. Molds play an important role in nature by breaking down organic matter and recycling nutrients in the environment. Specific mold species are used to produce foods such as tempeh, cheese, koji, and some sausages. Penicillin and many statin drugs are derived from molds.
In the home, mold is often found in bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and laundry rooms. Leaking pipes, faulty air ducts, leaking roofs, and history of flooding can also be sources of mold contamination.
Molds can damage your home and cause health problems. While you can perform your own mold inspection, hiring a professional mold inspector is the most effective means of discovering mold in your home.
Here are 5 reasons why you need a professional home mold inspection:
- Find hidden mold growth. Mold can hide in drywall, under carpets, or in air ducts. A professional mold inspector has special tools to thoroughly measure and verify the presence of mold.
- Reduce health risks from mold exposure. Allergies, coughing, headaches, disorientation, dizziness, irritated eyes and respiratory system are common symptoms caused by mold exposure.
- Discover and address mold issues before closing on a home. Not all states require disclosure of mold problems and regular home inspections don’t include mold.
- Provide proof of mold inspection to homebuyers. Make potential homebuyers feel comfortable and confident with purchasing your home.
- Protect your investment. Most home insurance policies don’t cover major mold damage.
A professional home mold inspection will help you save money, protect your health, and ensure the health and integrity of your home.
Don’t hesitate to give me a call at 970-227-7355 or shoot me an email at [email protected] if you would like more information about the current market!