It’s a classic excuse: “We’ll start living our island dream when the kids are older.” But it’s no longer a viable one. Just ask Nicole Forbes. When she was only 5 months old, her parents moved her from Los Angeles to the U.S. Virgin Island of St. Croix, where she learned early on the value of a small town and a nearby beach.
- Climate: Tropical
- Population of island: About 60,000
- Population of Christiansted, St. Croix: About 3,000
- House starting price: $150,000 for a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom house in Christiansted
- Main hospital: The Governor Juan F. Luis Hospital and Medical Center in Christiansted
- Price of a local beer: $3 for a Blackbeard Ale at Fort Christian Brew Pub
- Languages: English, Spanish and French
- Ease of immigration: Easy
- Ease of buying a home: Easy
- Website: www.visitusvi.com
Moving To The U.S. Virgin Islands
If you’re looking for an easy move to an island, with the possibility for affordable real estate and few legal hurdles, consider the USVI.
RE/MAX can help! To speak to one of our agents contact us today.
#5 Company Street, Christiansted, VI 00820
[email protected] | 340.773.1048 | 855.909.9152 | Fax: 340.773.1917